8.19.2008

The first of many pictures to come!

Here are just a few of the 600 pictures on our vacation...

My cousin Sophie...

My cousin Joseph standing in the living room of our cottage with twenty foot ceilings...

My youngest cousin Jesse...

A pirate ship that was sailing across the Puget Sound for a few days...

This is the view from our cottage that was only supposed to fit eight people, but on this trip fit twelve...



Barnacles are dangerous. I got all scratched up by barnacles on one of the beaches we were on. My cousin, Sophie, and I were climbing some big rocks that went out into the ocean a good ways away from the beach. When we tried to get back, we found that only Sophie could get back to where we were before so we could get back, because she is quite a bit taller than me. The only way I could get back was by swimming to another rock that was connected to land. So, Sophie walked around on the rocks as I swam in freezing cold water. (This water, by the way, is so cold that you could get hypothermia from being in it for over fifteen minutes. Yeah, really cold.) When I finally got to the rock that I needed to be on, I found that I couldn't get up because of all of the slimy seaweed. So, my dear cousin pulled me up. As she was pulling me, my body pushed away the seaweed to reveal a bunch of barnacles. My legs got ripped up along with my elbows, knees, and the bottom of my feet. I didn't notice it at first, but I figured it out when it hurt to walk and my legs were covered in blood. The picture I have here is of the worst one on my lower thigh.



There are many more pictures to come!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Yay! She finally posts! Looks like u had alot of fun...minus your barnacle-battles, of course. :)