10.01.2009

Adversity

I was reading this in my devotions and I thought that I would share it with you all...

Adversity
From Light For My Path for Teens

The Lord will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those seek You.
PSALM 9:9-10

Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.
James 5:13

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
Isaiah 43:2

For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.
2 Corinthians 1:5-7

Cast all of your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7

Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
Psalm 30:5

Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.
Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man! Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for so their fathers did to the prophets.
Luke 6:21-23

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33


He will swallow up death forever;
and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces,
and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth,
for the Lord has spoken!
Isaiah 25:8



There are so many more verses on adversity, but I had to stop with this last verse. Look at the last line of Isaiah 25:8: The Lord has spoken! Is that not encouraging? He will wipe every tear from our eyes and he will take all pain from the earth. He SPOKE that! How can we doubt that it will happen? I find myself in places of questioning his promises all the time. But 'The LORD has spoken!' The God that spoke our world into existance, who, with His very words, made you and I, who made everything good and beautiful on this earth, SPOKE and said that there will be a day when all evil will be stripped from this world and it will be made anew!

What a good God we serve!

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

2 comments:

Em said...

Wow, those are some very encouraging verses!
The one about 'I have overcome the world' has been one of my favorites.

Elisabeth said...

Yay! I can see your posts now...who knows what was wrong...*shrugs* Had to go and catch up on all your posts haha ;-)

Encouraging verses. Awesome pics. Love you! =D