1.17.2008

Great-Grandpa Glen



Hey y'all! So, for those of you who do not know already, my mom is in Seattle, Washington with my Grandma Carol, Uncle Gary, Great-Grandma Ethel, and my Great-Grandpa Glen. My Grandpa Glen is very ill and may be near to meeting his Savior. Grandpa is 92 and was very healthy and fit up until about a year ago. He stopped hiking two years ago when he turned 90. It's no joke! Grandpa is a survivor of cancer several times over and he has had his eye whacked with the back of a hammer(Ouch!). He has gone through many things in his life and now he is just starting to go downhill. But, he is a firm believer in Christ, so that gives us hope and real comfort. So, if you could be praying for my family and I as we go through this difficult time, I would really appreciate it. Soon, my grandpa will be in a place where His enduring promise is ever-present... No tears...

3 comments:

We will never thirst-because all that we need is found in Jesus said...

I just wanted to remind you that the Lord has given hope to those who give their life to the Lord. He will not forsake or leave us. He is a God of mercy, and love. Hebrews 9:24 says:
For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf.

In Psalms 46:1-5 it says,
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, thought the mountains tremble at its swelling. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitaion of the most high. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God wil help her when morning dawns." Praying the Lord is with your family at this time and that his will be done. I love you friend.

Elisabeth said...

Viv, I think God is seriously trying to say something here! Before I read Steph's comment, that verse came to mind. So - amen, my friend!

In addition to that, the Holy Spirit has really been bringing God's sovereignty to mind. He numbered your grandpa's days before time. He knows all the hairs on his head. He knows how his body is made. Most of all, he is His dearly loved child - He will never forsake him in time of trial. Even as his mortal body fails, God is strong. And He will never lead us into a trial where He is not right there beside us, holding us up.
I love you, Girl! Know that we are praying for you and your family during this time!

Vivian Claire said...

Thanks so much for the encouragements!All the things that you have said are a real encouragement for me.