4.28.2009

Thank You, Thank you!

Hey All!

My surgery went really well. Thank you so much for your prayers and emails and comments. I can't tell you how grateful I am. I still can't believe that God gave me such amazing, wonderful, and encouraging friends to live my life with. My surgery ended up starting at about a quarter till 8. I was actually able to walk into the operating room, which was pretty cool. Most of the time they put you out first and then take you back. Anyways, I woke up at about 10:30. I think it's pretty funny how the second you open your eyes they are asking you questions. I got asked "On a scale of 0 to 10, how much pain are you in?" about five times in the first ten minutes. They even asked me what size shirt I wanted as a souvenir. I ended up getting a large because I wasn't awake enough to tell them what size I was! I got home at about 11:30. I had an ice pack wrapped around my knee for the first two days. I was able to take that off and so now all I have on it is a big Ace bandage. I get to take that off tomorrow. I am very curious to see how my knee looks. I have a HUGE bruise down the side of my calf so I can't imagine how bruised my knee is. The first day I was on intense pain medicine. For the next two days I was only on Advil and Tylenol. Now I am on no pain meds at all. That makes me very happy. God is so good!
Thanks again for your prayers! :)

2 comments:

Brynn said...

Thats so awesome! I am so glad to hear that your doing well and the surgery went smoothly and all. :)

Anonymous said...

i'm sure your glad it's over...i hope you're feeling good!